I found a snake in ...

Notifications
Clear all

I found a snake in my garden. How can I determine its species and whether it's a threat to my pets and family?

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

If you are unsure whether or not a snake is venomous, it is best to err on the side of caution and assume that it is. Do not approach the snake or try to handle it yourself. Contact a local snake expert to remove the snake safely.

Posted : 07/10/2023 7:23 pm
Topic Tags
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

There are a few ways to determine the species of a snake and whether it's a threat to your pets and family:

1. Take a picture of the snake. If possible, take a clear picture of the snake's head, body, and tail. This will help you to identify the snake's species and to determine whether it is venomous.
  2. Use a snake identification guide. There are many snake identification guides available online and in libraries. These guides can help you to identify the snake's species based on its physical characteristics.
  3. Contact a local snake expert. If you are unable to identify the snake yourself, you can contact a local snake expert, such as a zoologist or wildlife rehabilitator. They will be able to identify the snake and to advise you on how to proceed.

Once you have identified the snake's species, you can research whether or not it is a threat to your pets and family. Venomous snakes can pose a serious threat to both humans and pets. If you have found a venomous snake in your garden, it is important to take steps to remove it safely.

Posted : 07/10/2023 7:24 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: